Do you know that, you can forward emails of your one account to another email account or download messages from email servers onto your computer so that you can access your mail using MS outlook?
These services are known as POP (Post office protocol) and IMAP (Internet mail access protocol). Gmail provides these services free of cost to its users. So if you are using multiple email accounts, by using these services you will be able to forward and access your emails within single inbox.
For example: if you are using a Yahoo mail account and one or more Gmail accounts then you can forward and access all emails of your Gmail accounts to one yahoo mail.
You can use any of the above service for the purpose but it is advisable to use IMAP because IMAP keeps your email client synchronized with the email server. Regardless of the device you are using, if you deleted an email from the inbox, it will be deleted across all devices. It would be advantageous for a person who uses multiple devices to check, reply and send emails to use IMAP due to its cross-device access.
“If, in your office you are not able to access your Gmail, by enabling the above features Gmail will automatically forward your emails to your email address that you can access in your office.”
Here are some simple steps to follow by which user can enable POP or IMAP email forwarding in Gmail:
(1) Login into your Gmail account.
(2) Click on the “Settings” button provided at the right side of your email account page and select “Settings” option. (As shown in the image below)
(5) Almost done, you need to add email address where you want to receive your future incoming emails. See the above image, now click on “Add a forwarding address” and enter your email address.
(6) Click on “Next”–> “Proceed”–> “Ok”. They will send you an email having verification code as well as verification link to your newly added email id.
(7) For email verification, Check your newly entered email’s inbox, either by clicking on the link provided in the mail or put the Confirmation code in the box marked in image below and click “Verify”. (See image below)