The reputed electronic equipment manufacturing company Sony has recently announced that they are going to launch the advanced virtual reality system, PlayStation VR which is based on the PlayStation 4 (PS4). It is expected that the PlayStation 4 (PS4) will be available from the October, 2016. It will be available worldwide starting from Japan, North America, Europe and Asia etc. The suggested retail price for this product in different currencies are as follows: US$399 (Rs. 26865 approx.), €399, £349 and 44,980 yen etc. This gadget will soon be available for pre-ordering.
This PlayStation VR will be equipped with approx 50 games till the end of this year after its launching in the October, 2016. All the PS VR owners at the launching time may download the Playroom VR, from Japan Studio free of cost from the PlayStation Store. The Playroom VR will also include six different interesting games.
Specifications of the Sony PlayStation VR:
- Featured with the 5.7-inches OLED display which has 1920×RGB×1080 (960×RGB×1080 per eye.
- 100 degrees (approx.) field of view along with the 120Hz, 90Hz refresh rate for the best ever viewing experience.
- The Six-axis motion sensing system includes three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer.
- Different connection interface of the VR headset includes HDMI, AUX & Stereo Headphone Jack. The processor interface comprises connection interfaces like HDMI TV, HDMI PS4, USB, HDMI, AUX etc.
- Social Screen (mirroring mode, separate mode), 3D audio processing as well as Cinematic mode are processed by the advanced processor unit.
- The dimensions of the VR headset as well as the processor units are respectively 187×185×277 mm & 143×36×143 mm.
- The box of this Sony PlayStation VR contains VR headset, Processor unit, VR headset connection cable, HDMI cable, USB cable, Stereo headphones (with a complete set of earpiece), AC power cord, AC adaptor etc.